Yoga Teacher Training Summer Intensive (RYT 200 Program)
(Please note – This program will be held via Zoom this year due to Covid-19)
July 13-July 30, 2020
Monday-Thursday each week
We would love to have you join us!
Through this training, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the many layers of yoga, advance your own practice, and learn to teach transformative yoga classes to others, all in a fun and supportive environment. This program fulfills all the requirements for the 200 level yoga teacher certification with Yoga Alliance (RYT 200). (see our profile on Yoga Alliance)
For more information about our 200 hour program, and answers to frequently asked questions, please see the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Information
The program is facilitated by Nancy Wile who is the founder and director of Yoga Education Institute.
Read more about Nancy and our other instructors.
For more general information about our program, and answers to frequently asked questions, please see the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Information
Location and Dates:
In 2020, this training is being held via Zoom due to COVID-19
(All students who attend the Zoom training in 2020 have the option to attend any additional in-person training dates for free).
This training will be led by our Director, Nancy Wile.
In 2021, it will again be held at
Four Seasons Hotel and Resort
Two Dole Drive
Westlake Village, CA
July 13-30, 2020, Monday-Thursday each week (July 13, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30) via Zoom
Sample Workshop Schedule (each day begins at 8:00 am Pacific Time and will end at 1:30/2pm)
- July 13 – Introductions, History of Yoga, Understanding Yoga Philosophy, General Yoga Teaching Techniques, Understanding Different Styles of Yoga, Teaching and Practicing Warm Ups and Sun Salutations
- July 14 – Teaching and Practicing Standing, Balancing and Seated Postures
- July 15 – Teaching and Practicing Arm Balances, Forward Facing Inversions, and Front Lying Postures
- July 16 – Teaching and Practicing Back Facing Inversions and Back Lying Postures, Art of Sequencing for Different Style of Hatha Yoga
- July 20 – Effective Use of Props, Chair Yoga, Hands On Adjustments, Partner Yoga
- July 21 – Pranayama, Bandhas, Meditation, Foundations of Mindfulness, Introduction to Iyengar Yoga
- July 22 – Anatomy of Hatha Yoga, Biomechanics of Movement, Physiology of Relaxation, Chakras and Subtle Anatomy, Teaching Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
- July 23 – Teaching and Practicing Vinyasa Yoga, Yoga for Specific Issues, Introduction to Ayurveda and Doshas,
- July 27 – Sanskrit Pronunciation and Meaning, Mantras and Mudras, Teaching and Practicing Ashtanga Yoga, Teaching Challenging Asanas
- July 28 – Yoga for Specific Groups (prenatal, kids), Yin Yoga, Yoga Sutras and Yoga Philosophy, Practicum Time
- July 29 – Yoga Business Success, Developing Your Own Unique Voice as a Yoga Teacher, Offering Yoga Workshops and Retreats, Practicum Time
- July 30 – Yoga Unveilled (documentary and discussion), Review Session, Practicum Time
**In addition to the group training intensive, students also received individualized training. Each individual practicum will be scheduled separately at each student’s convenience.
In addition to the Zoom training, each trainee has the option to attend any future in-person training sessions in California for no additional charge if you choose to do so.
Our program fulfills all the requirements for the 200 level Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) certification with Yoga Alliance. To be eligible for registration with Yoga Alliance, students participating in the intensive must also complete our online (self-paced) course in addition to the in-person (or via Zoom) intensive.
**Please note that prior to the yoga teacher training group training intensive, you will be asked to order and begin our supplemental self-paced online course.
The full training includes two payments:
1) payment for the supplemental online (self-paced) course and materials ($295), and
2) payment for the in-person training intensive (discounted to $1,695 due to the change to Zoom).
The price of the online course materials is $295. Once you have paid for the online course, your spot will
be reserved in the in-person intensive.
Tuition for the in-person summer intensive via Zoom is $1,695.
Payment for the in-person intensive is due before the first day of the intensive. We offer payment plans if needed.
After we review your application, you will receive a link to pay for the online course material. Once you pay for the online course materials ($295),
you will receive all necessary materials and your space in the training intensive will be reserved.
If you decide for any reason not to attend the training, simply let us know at least two days before the start of the training for a full refund of any payments you have made.
If for any reason you are unable to complete the full training, you will be eligible for a partial refund based
on the amount of training you have already completed.