Through this training, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the many layers of yoga, advance your own practice, and learn to teach transformative yoga classes to others, all in a fun and supportive environment. This program fulfills all the requirements for the 200 level yoga teacher certification with Yoga Alliance (RYT 200). (see our profile on Yoga Alliance)
For more information about our 200 hour program, and answers to frequently asked questions, please see the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Information
The program is facilitated by Nancy Wile who is the founder and director of Yoga Education Institute.
Read more about Nancy and our other instructors.
For more general information about our program, and answers to frequently asked questions, please see the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Information
Location and Dates:
Four Seasons Hotel and Resort
Two Dole Drive
Westlake Village, CA
(July 13-24, 2020)
(If you are coming from out of town, we will give you an extensive list of hotels close by in addition to the Four Seasons)
Sample Workshop Schedule (each day begins at 9:00 am and usually ends around 4:30/5:00 pm)
- Day 1 – Introductions, History of Yoga, Understanding Yoga Philosophy, General Yoga Teaching Techniques, Understanding Different Styles of Yoga, Teaching and Practicing Warm Ups and Sun Salutations
- Day 2 – Teaching and Practicing Standing, Balancing and Seated Postures
- Day 3 – Teaching and Practicing Arm Balances, Forward Facing Inversions, and Front Lying Postures
- Day 4 – Teaching and Practicing Back Facing Inversions and Back Lying Postures, Art of Sequencing for Different Style of Hatha Yoga
- Day 5 – Effective Use of Props, Chair Yoga, Hands On Adjustments, Partner Yoga
- Day 6 – Pranayama, Bandhas, Meditation, Foundations of Mindfulness, Introduction to Iyengar Yoga
- Day 7 – Anatomy of Hatha Yoga, Biomechanics of Movement, Physiology of Relaxation, Chakras and Subtle Anatomy, Teaching Restorative Yoga
- Day 8 – Teaching and Practicing Vinyasa Yoga, Yoga for Specific Issues, Yoga Nidra, Introduction to Doshas
- Day 9 – Sanskrit Pronunciation and Meaning, Mantras and Mudras, Teaching and Practicing Ashtanga Yoga, Teaching Challenging Asanas
- Day 10 – Yoga for Specific Groups (prenatal, kids), Yin Yoga, Yoga Sutras and Yoga Philosophy
- Day 11 – Business of Yoga, Harnessing the Power of Yoga to Improve Your Life and the Lives of Others, Developing Your Own Unique Voice as a Yoga Teacher, Hosting Yoga Workshops and Retreats
- Day 12 – Yoga Unveilled (documentary and discussion), Review Session, Final Question and Answer Session
**Each practicum will be scheduled individually.
**Please note that prior to the teacher training intensive (after you register), you must order and begin the online course.
The full training includes two payments:
1) payment for the supplemental online course materials ($295), and
2) payment for the in-person training intensive ($1,895, if paid before May 31st, otherwise $1,995).
The price of the online course materials is $295. Once you have paid for the online course, your spot will
be reserved in the in-person intensive.
Tuition for the in-person summer intensive is $1,895 (before May 31st) and $1,995 after May 31st.
Payment for the in-person intensive is due before the first day of the intensive.
After we review your application,
you will receive a link to pay for the online course material. Once you pay for the online course materials ($295),
you will receive all necessary materials and your space in the training intensive will be reserved.
If you decide for any reason not to attend the training, simply let us know at least two days before the start of the training for a full refund of any payments you have made.
If for any reason you are unable to complete the full training, you will be eligible for a partial refund based
on the amount of training you have already completed.