RYT 200 Yoga Teacher Training Program
Weekend Program via Zoom (over multiple long weekends) – Next Session Begins January 2024
After you register for the in-person (Zoom) program, you will be also be asked to sign up and pay for the Yoga Teacher Training Self-Paced Online Program. You must enroll in the self paced online program in order to attend the in-person (Zoom) training.
The full training includes two payments:
- Payment for the supplemental online course materials ($195), and
- Payment for the in-person (or via Zoom) group training ($1,495) (or three payments of $499)
What’s included in the yoga training program
- Yoga History, Philosophy, and General Teaching Techniques for Hatha Yoga
- Teaching and Practicing Warm-Ups and Sun Salutations
- Teaching and Practicing Standing Postures
- Teaching and Practicing Seated Postures
- Teaching and Practicing Arm Balances and Inversions
- Teaching and Practicing Lying Postures (front lying and back lying postures)
- The Art of Sequencing for Hatha Yoga
- Teaching and Practicing Different Styles of Hatha Yoga (Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Yin, etc)
- Teaching and Practicing to Pranayama and the Bandhas
- Teaching and Practicing Meditation
- Introduction to the Chakras
- Teaching and Practicing Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga
- Effective Use of Props
- Hands On Adjustments and Partner Yoga.
- Teaching Yoga to Specific Groups (prenatal, kids)
- Yoga for Specific Health Issues, and Introduction to Ayurveda
- Sanskrit Pronunciation and Meaning for Yoga Teachers.
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Review of Yoga Literature
- Creating Yoga Business Success
- Discovering Your Own Voice as a Yoga Teacher.
- Harnessing the Power of Yoga to Live Free of Limitations and Improve the Lives of Others.
The training also provides for flexible time, during which the topics covered are developed specifically to suit the training needs of each particular student group or host studio.
In addition to the in-person group training intensive, students also receive individualized training and mentoring which is scheduled at their own convenience.
Every student receives a manual to go along with each training session. The full training set of manuals, which is available to students online, contains over 1,300 pages of reference materials developed and copyrighted by the program. For those manuals that focus on asana teaching and practice, they include photos, alignment cues, teaching techniques, and benefits for over 150 yoga postures.
Through this training, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the many layers of yoga, advance your own practice, and develop confidence and skills in teaching others. You will also learn to harness the power of yoga to breakthrough your limitations and improve your life and the lives of others.
Focus of the 200 Hour Teacher Training Program
Our program is inspired by the teaching of T. Krishnamacharya. His focus on an individualized approach to yoga for each student is at the heart of this training. We value the individual in you and through our program, you learn how to discover your own style of teaching and practicing yoga. You will learn how to effectively teach to a wide variety of individuals, how to connect with your students, and how to help your students and