In-Person Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (RPYT)
A more in-depth training than the online course. This program fulfills the requirements for the Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) certification with Yoga Alliance for current Yoga Teachers.
***Please Note – Due to COVID-19, we will be holding our next in-person training via Zoom.
Our next training will be held September 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, and 30, 2020 via Zoom.
Through this training, you’ll learn to teach safe and transformative yoga practices to pregnant women. This training is beneficial for current yoga teachers, health care providers, and pregnant women themselves. The program focuses on positive teaching techniques, proper sequencing, and safe modifications to make each practice a rewarding experience.
This program is suitable for:
- Yoga teachers who want to add prenatal yoga classes to their teaching schedule.
- Yoga teachers who want to be prepared for any prenatal students who may attend their regular classes.
- Pregnant women who have practiced yoga and want to continue their practice during their pregnancy.
- Medical and health professionals or childbirth educators who work with pregnant women (physicians, nurses, midwives, doulas, etc).
This program (completing both the Zoom training and the self-paced online course) fulfills the requirements for the Registered Prenatal (RPYT) certification with Yoga Alliance for current yoga teachers.
In-Person group training days for our next prenatal yoga teacher training will take place at Bini Birth in Sherman Oaks, California over two Wednesday-Friday meeting times:
The following is an overview of the schedule for the training:
- Monday, (Day 1) 8:30am – 12:30 pm Pacific Time
- Tuesday, (Day 2) 8:30 am-12:30 pm
- Wednesday, (Day 3) 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Friday (optional class time – 8:00am-9:00 am)
No group classes on Sunday-Tuesday between the two groups of sessions, but you can use this time to prepare for practicum, complete homework assignments, free time
- Monday, (Day 4) 8:30 am – 12:30/1 pm
- Tuesday, (Day 5) 8:30am-12:30/1 pm
- Wednesday, (Day 6) 8:30 am-12:30/1 pm
Pracitcum are individually scheduled outside of group training time. For a detailed schedule, please contact us at: email@example.com
- Benefits of Prenatal Yoga
- Safe and Unsafe Posture and Considerations by Pregnancy Trimester
- Prenatal Anatomy and Fetal Development
- Anatomy of Movement and Anatomy of the Pelvis
- Teaching and Practicing Warm Ups for Prenatal Students
- Teaching and Practicing Prenatal Standing Postures
- Teaching and Practicing Prenatal Seated and Side Lying Postures
- Pranayama, Meditation, Relaxation and Yoga Nidra for Prenatal Students
- Chair Yoga for Prenatal Students
- Effective Use of Props in a Prenatal Yoga Class
- Child birth education and issues related to parenting transitions
- Philosophy of Yoga and Yoga Sutras, and how it Relates to Pregnancy
- Birthing from Different Cultures
- Building Community with Your Prenatal Students
- Post natal Issues and parent/baby yoga
- Working with Medical Professionals
- Marketing and the Business of Teaching Prenatal Yoga
Tuition and Program Requirements
For those who wish to obtain the registered prenatal yoga teacher (RPYT) certification with Yoga Alliance, both the online course and the in-person training must be completed. The tuition for the in-person training is $495, and the tuition for the online course fee ($97).
Completing both the online course and in-person training allows current yoga teachers to upgrade their yoga alliance certification to include RPYT certification. The total cost for the program includes two payments: 1) $97 for the online self-paced course and materials, 2) $495 for the in-person (via Zoom) training.
For those who do not wish to complete their RPYT certification, they can still attend the in-person training for continuing education credit, or simply for personal development.
Why Choose This Program?
There are many good reasons to choose this program:
- Flexible Training Schedule. Since some of the training is online and some is scheduled individually, it gives students more flexibility in completing the requirements for Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training certification.
- Experienced Trainer. Nancy Wile, founder of Yoga Education Institute, has been offering prenatal yoga teacher training programs for over ten years, and has been practicing yoga since the early 1990s.
- Individualized Training. Our programs are inspired by T. Krishnamacharya and his focus on an individualized approach to yoga. In our trainings, you are the focus and the center of everything we do. Rather than mold you into our style, we realize the amazing qualities you bring with you, and work to help you share your own voice and style as a yoga teacher.
- Amazing Location. Through our partnership with Bini Birth, we are able to bring you their expertise in childbirth education, in addition to our expertise in prenatal yoga.
- Affordable. Along with offering the highest quality training programs, we are mindful of your budget and do our best to make our programs affordable. While we keep our tuition costs low, you will be amazed by the quality of our training programs.
- Long Term Support. We are always here for you, supporting your work as a yoga teacher, bringing new opportunities to you, and working with you to help you develop your full potential in yoga and in life.
- Money Back Guarantee. We feel so confident of our programs that, if for any reason you are not satisfied, we are always happy to give you a full refund.
If you can’t make it to the training at this time, learn more about our online prenatal yoga training course.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I decide to not attend the in-person prenatal teacher training and no longer wish to complete the online program?
Our program is 100% guaranteed. If for any reason decide not to proceed with the online course or the in-person training, you will receive a full refund for any payments made up until the first day of the training.
What type of certification will I have when I am done?
The completion of both the in-person training and the online course will qualify you for the RPYT (Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher) if you are currently registered as a teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance.
How much yoga experience do I need to enroll in the program?
You simply need to love yoga and an interest in working with prenatal students to enroll in both the online course and the in-person training.
What if I have to miss a portion of the training?
Any missed sessions must be arranged in advance and will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
When is the tuition due?
After submitting your application, you will be asked to pay a fee of $97 for the online course materials and registration fee to reserve your space in the in-person training. Tuition for the in-person training is due before the first day of class.
What if I've already taken your Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Online Program?
The application asks whether or not you have previously taken the Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Online Program. You will not need to pay the $97 fee to sign up for the in-person training.
“I recommend this class. I enjoyed reading and learning the material, watching the videos, and also practicing how to instruct a pre-natal yoga class. I am a birth doula looking forward to using this with my clients. This instruction felt different from most on-line classes-it had a personal feel, and my work was reviewed in detail by Nancy, who was always available to answer any questions I had. Peace.”
Martha – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I found the course very systematic and perfectly structured with a profound base of knowledge of its authors. I really appreciate the insightful and factual information being provided, as well as the interactivity with the program director. The course presents well-grounded knowledge, it provides creative stimuli to be tested in the practice and keeps the necessary open space for one's own experience. Have a wonderful day Nancy.
Barbora Vitu, Prague, Czech Republic
I love teaching yoga and now after finishing this course i have confidence that I can teach a safe, effective, and loving class to all mommy to be's. Thanks You!! I found your Pre Natal Yoga Course was fantastic, full of important information, not only on the asanas, but on how the student's body goes through so many changes and how the baby is affected. The information that is provided in this course gives you confidence so you can teach a safe class. This is my second correspondence course that I have done with Yoga Education Institute and I would highly recommend it to everyone. Thank you to Nancy Wile and her team.
Cristina Salvatore, Abbotsbury, Australia
Namaste! I have been teaching yoga for about four years now and it has transformed my life in more ways that I ever could have imagined. After becoming a mother, I felt called to share yoga with women during their journey into motherhood. Yoga played a big role in my pregnancies and helped me cultivate a deep breath, a beautiful mindset and an open body to carry me through. This is such a sacred and special time in a woman's life. Prenatal Yoga will enhance the pregnancy, labor and role of being a mother in so many ways. This program is excellent for first time teachers as well as seasoned. It was a nice refresher course on anatomy and really helpful. I am very excited to start sharing this style of yoga to my expecting students. Much Love and Happiness,
Darci Janzen, Edmond, Oklahoma
I would certainly highly recommend this course to other yoga instructors. The written information in the prenatal course was extensive and useful in all areas of yoga instruction. The information was well organized, well researched, and professionally written and presented. I found the illustrations and the video to be helpful as well. After completing the course, I felt that I had taken a graduate level course in yoga. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience in such an effective way.
"As a Yoga teacher with no prenatal training, it was always intimidating when a pregnant student would take my class. I wasn't prepared to offer the student a good and safe practice. The online prenatal program was perfect for me. It contains in depth knowledge of the stages of pregnancy and what poses are safe for the student to practice at each stage. The written materials are easy to understand and the videos are a big help. I highly recommend the program. I can now offer my prenatal students a challenging and safe program."
“Living in a remote area, it's great to be able to access quality instruction like the Yoga Education Institute's online prenatal yoga teacher training without needing to travel. I signed up for the course when I was pregnant and thoroughly enjoyed immersing myself in the program without leaving home. I've already started recommending these courses to friends!”
Amanda Hosgood – Canada
Keep in touch with us
Space is limited. Register for the Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Program now.
We Are Here For You
We recognize that choosing the right yoga teacher training program is a big decision, and we want you to be well-informed of your options and comfortable with our program and team before making the commitment. Feel free to sign up here and receive information to help you along the journey of becoming a yoga teacher.
Sign Up for Freebies
- Get your Free Copy of “Safe and Unsafe Postures During Pregnancy”