RYT 200 Weekend Program via Zoom
Through this training, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the many layers of yoga, advance your own practice, and learn to teach transformative yoga classes to others, all in a fun and supportive environment. Learn to harness the power of yoga to breakthrough any limitations and to improve your life and the lives of others. This program fulfills all the requirements for the 200 level yoga teacher certification with Yoga Alliance (RYT 200). (see our profile on Yoga Alliance)
For more information about our 200 hour program, and answers to frequently asked questions, please see the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Information
The program is facilitated by Nancy Wile who is the founder and director of Yoga Education Institute. It will also feature instruction from Jill Dyck and Fabienne Grossman.
Read more about Nancy, Jill, and Fabienne.
For more general information about our program, and answers to frequently asked questions, please see the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Information
Location and Dates:
This training will take place live via Zoom over multiple weekends
Begins on January 30, 2021 at 8am Pacific Time
Training dates include: January 30, 31, February 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28, March 5, 6, 7 (each day from 8am-1:30/2pm Pacific time each day).
Sample Workshop Schedule
- Day 1 – Introductions, History of Yoga, General Yoga Teaching Techniques, Understanding Different Styles of Yoga, Teaching and Practicing Warm Ups and Sun Salutations
- Day 2 – Teaching and Practicing Standing, Balancing and Seated Postures
- Day 3 – Teaching and Practicing Arm Balances, Forward Facing Inversions
- Day 4 – Teaching and Practicing Front Lying Inversions, Back Facing Inversions and Back Lying Postures
- Day 5 – Pranayama, Bandhas, Meditation, Foundations of Mindfulness
- Day 6 – Art of Sequencing for Different Styles of Yoga, Effective Use of Props, Chair Yoga
- Day 7 – Hands On Adjustments, Partner Yoga, Intro to Acro Yoga
- Day 8 – Anatomy of Hatha Yoga, Biomechanics of Movement, Physiology of Relaxation, Teaching Restorative Yoga, Yoga Nidra
- Day 9 – Introduction to Iyengar Yoga, Teaching and Practicing Vinyasa Yoga, Yoga for Specific Issues, Introduction to Chakras
- Day 10 – Sanskrit Pronunciation and Meaning, Mantras and Mudras, Teaching and Practicing Ashtanga Yoga, Teaching Challenging Asanas
- Day 11 – Yin Yoga, Yoga Sutras and Understanding Yoga Philosophy, Introduction to the Doshas, Introduction to Ayurveda
- Day 12 – Yoga for Specific Groups (prenatal, kids, seniors, athletes) Harnessing the Power of Yoga to Improve Your Life and the Lives of Others, Developing Your Own Unique Voice as a Yoga Teacher
- Day 13 – Business of Yoga, Hosting Yoga Workshops and Retreats
- Day 14 – Yoga Unveilled (documentary and discussion), Review Session, Final Question and Answer Session
**Each practicum will be scheduled individually.
**Please note that prior to the teacher training intensive (after you register), you must order and begin the online course.
The full training includes two payments:
1) payment for the supplemental online course materials ($295), and
2) payment for the in-person (via Zoom) training ($1,795, if paid before January 20th, otherwise $1,895).
The price of the online course materials is $295. Once you have paid for the online course, your spot will
be reserved in the in-person intensive.
Tuition for the in-person (via Zoom) training is $1,795 (before January 20th) and $1,895 after January 20th.
Payment for the in-person intensive is due before the first day of the intensive.
To reserve your spot in the training, please complete the application. After we review your application,
you will receive a link to pay for the online course material. Once you pay for the online course materials ($295),
you will receive all necessary materials and your space in the training intensive will be reserved.
If you decide for any reason not to attend the training, simply let us know at least two days before the start of the training for a full refund of any payments you have made.
If for any reason you are unable to complete the full training, you will be eligible for a partial refund based
on the amount of training you have already completed.
What’s in it for you:
— A highly rated and well-respected program. Offering yoga teacher training for 15+ years to hundreds of students, and consistently receiving the highest reviews on Yoga Alliance.
— Incredible resources. You have unlimited access to our comprehensive online training manuals (over 1400 pages of yoga teaching instruction) and videos.
— Affordable. We keep the tuition reasonable so you can pursue your love of yoga without excess financial burdens.
— Beautiful and serene location. Bodysattva Healing Arts Center is the perfect location for yoga.
— Individual attention. We limit the number of students, so you can receive the individual attention you deserve.
— Focus on your own voice as a yoga teacher. Rather than have you copy our style, we help you develop your own authentic way of teaching.
— Business Training. Through this program, you not only become an extraordinary yoga teacher, you also learn how to create a successful yoga business or yoga teaching practice.
— A highly qualified program director. Nancy Wile, founder of Yoga Education Institute, has practiced yoga for 25+ years and has been training new yoga teachers for 15+ years. Along with her work in yoga, she has a doctorate in Education from Columbia University and much experience developing and evaluating health related programs at universities.
— On-going Support. During the training and long after it’s over, we will be there for you, helping you bring your yoga gifts to the world and to realize your dreams.
— Money back guarantee. If you can’t make the training for any reason, we are always happy to give you a full refund up to the first day of training.