RYT 200 Weekend Program Live via Zoom
Through this interactive training, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the many layers of yoga, advance your own practice, and learn to teach transformative yoga classes to others, all in a fun and supportive environment. Learn to harness the power of yoga to breakthrough any limitations and to improve your life and the lives of others. We keep the training small, so you can receive plenty of individual attention, feedback, and support. Our program is highly rated, yet remains affordable, and offers on-going support long after the training ends. This program fulfills all the requirements for the 200 level yoga teacher certification with Yoga Alliance (RYT 200). (see our profile on Yoga Alliance)
For more information about our 200 hour program, and answers to frequently asked questions, please see the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Information
The program is facilitated by Nancy Wile who is the founder and director of Yoga Education Institute. It will also feature instruction from Victoria Fawcette and Fabienne Grossman.
Read more about Nancy, Fabienne, and Victoria.
What’s in it for you:
— A highly rated and well-respected program. Offering yoga teacher training for 15+ years to hundreds of students, and consistently receiving the highest reviews on Yoga Alliance.
— Incredible resources. You have unlimited access to our comprehensive online training manuals (over 1400 pages of yoga teaching instruction) and videos.
— Affordable. We keep the tuition reasonable so you can pursue your love of yoga without excess financial burdens.
— Beautiful and serene locations. **At this time, the weekend program will be conducted via Zoom, but you can attend any future in-person RYT200 trainings free of charge.
— Individual attention. We limit the number of students, so you can receive the individual attention you deserve.
— Focus on your own voice as a yoga teacher. Rather than have you copy our style, we help you develop your own authentic way of teaching.
— Business Training. Through this program, you not only become an extraordinary yoga teacher, you also learn how to create a successful yoga business or yoga teaching practice.
— A highly qualified program director. Nancy Wile, founder of Yoga Education Institute, has practiced yoga for 25+ years and has been training new yoga teachers for 15+ years. Along with her work in yoga, she has a doctorate in Education from Columbia University and much experience developing and evaluating health related programs at universities.
— On-going Support. During the training and long after it’s over, we will be there for you, helping you bring your yoga gifts to the world and to realize your dreams.
— Money back guarantee. If you can’t make the training for any reason, we are always happy to give you a full refund up to the first day of training.
For more general information about our program, and answers to frequently asked questions, please see the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Information
Location and Dates:
This training will take place live via Zoom over multiple weekends
Begins on February 11, 2022 at 8:30am Pacific Time
Training dates include: February 11, 12, 13, 25, 26, 27, March 11, 12, 13, 25, 26, 27 (from 8:30am-1:30/2pm Pacific time each day).
Please Note **Each session will be recorded and available for viewing in case you need to miss a day or two.
Tentative Workshop Schedule
- February 11 (Friday) – Introductions, History of Yoga, General Yoga Teaching Techniques, Understanding Different Styles of Yoga, Teaching and Practicing Warm Ups and Sun Salutations (part 1)
- February 12 (Saturday) – Teaching and Practicing Sun Salutations (Part 2), Standing, and Balancing Postures
- February 13 (Sunday) – Teaching and Practicing Arm Balances, Forward Facing Inversions, and Front Lying Postures
- February 25 (Friday) – Teaching and Practicing Seated Postures, Back Facing Inversions and Back Lying Postures. Introduction to Sequencing. Developing and incorporating creative yoga class themes
- February 26 (Saturday) Effective Use of Props, Chair Yoga, Partner Yoga, Hands On Adjustments
- February 27 (Sunday) – Teaching challenging asanas, How to activate the core to create a safer and more effective yoga practice. Introduction to Vinyasa and ViniYoga.
- March 11 (Friday) – Teaching and Practicing Pranayama, Bandhas, Meditation, Foundations of Mindfulness, Yoga Nidra
- March 12 (Saturday) Anatomy of Hatha Yoga, Biomechanics of Movement, Physiology of Yoga, Introduction to Iyengar Yoga
- March 13 (Sunday) – Introduction to Ashtanga Yoga, Sanskrit Pronunciation and Meaning, Mantras, Introduction to Mudras
- March 25 (Friday) – Introduction to Sivananda Yoga, Introduction to Yin Yoga, Introduction to Chakras, Yoga Sutras and Yoga Philosophy. Practicum Time
- March 26 (Saturday) – Yoga for Specific Health Issues, Yoga for Specific Groups (Prenatal). Practicum Time.
- March 27 (Sunday) – Introduction to the Doshas and Ayurveda, Creating a Successful Yoga Business, Developing Yoga Workshops, Retreats and Training Programs. Practicum Time
**You will also have additional practicum time that you will schedule individually.
**Please note that prior to the teacher training (after you register), you must order and begin the online course.
The full training includes the following payments:
1) payment for the supplemental online course materials and to reserve your space ($295)
2) payment for the in-person (via Zoom) training (3 payments of $599) The first payment is due by February 10. The second payment is due by March 10. The final payment is due by April 10.
**Please note – We also offer other payment plans to spread out the payments more. Please contact us directly by email if you would like more details.
The price of the online course materials is $295. Once you have paid for the online course, your spot will be reserved in the in-person intensive.
Tuition for the in-person (via Zoom) training is three payments of $599. The first payment is due by the start of the training unless you have signed up for an alternative payment plan. Please contact us to learn more about other payment plans.
To reserve your spot in the training, please complete the application. After we review your application, you will receive a link to pay for the online course material. Once you pay for the online course materials ($295),
you will receive all necessary materials and your space in the training intensive will be reserved.
If you decide for any reason not to attend the training, simply let us know at least two days before the start of the training for a full refund of any payments you have made.
If for any reason you are unable to complete the full training, you will be eligible for a partial refund based
on the amount of training you have already completed.